Thursday 11 June 2015

Another good moth night

This morning I recorded 47 macro moths of 17 species.  This included yet another 2 new species.  A very nice Splendid Dagger Moth (Acronicta superans) and a Wormwood pug (Eupithecia absinthiata).  I must admit I sometimes overlook the pug species but this one caught my eye as it had some fairly prominent markings.  That brings my new backyard macro moth species for the year to 9.  And it’s only June! 

Other new species for the year were:

Morrison's Pero (Pero morrisonaria)
The Canary Thorn (Neoterpes trianguliferata)
Double-banded Carpet (Spargania magnoliata)
Dark-spotted Palthis (Palthis angulalis)
American Angle Shades (Euplexia benesimilis)
The Mottled Rustic (Brungult Lovfly) (Caradrina morpheus)
Intermediate Falconer (Cucullia intermedia)

spwpMPCTDBCAAS

No comments:

Post a Comment