Thursday 6 September 2012

The moths numbers have been very low for the last two nights.  There were 12 moths of 5 species on the 5th, although, I did a find what may be Dark-winged Quaker Moth (Eremobina claudens) on the house siding in the afternoon.  This would be a new backyard species.  I've asked for an ID confirmation.  I've included pictures of 2 Large Yellow UnderWings (Noctua pronuba) that show a typical colour variation.  This moth has been more common in my backyard this year.  Unfortunately, I believed the weather forecast last night so did not put my light trap out.  In the end I don't think it rained at all.  There were 2 moths in the bait last night, a Briseis Underwing and a Fishia discors.

Dark-winged Quaker Moth (Eremobina claudens) ??
Large Yellow UnderWing (Noctua pronuba)
Large Yellow UnderWing (Noctua pronuba)

No comments:

Post a Comment